Monday 28 February 2011

Finally - some darkroom printing at home

I finally got round to working out a practical method of blacking out my bathroom to make a home darkroom.

The next few images show how I have blocked out the window with insulation foam-board backed with shoe boxes!  A blanket over the door from the landing gives me (almost) complete blackout - good enough for lith printing development of 5-8 minutes during the middle of the day.

Boards over the bath under the light-proofed window

My little old Durst enlarger with a 6x6 colour head

Prints hanging to dry (or should I say curl)

I made about a dozen prints in my first printing session.  A sample of the results is here:

Long exposure (low contrast) on Fomatone MG dev'd in Rollei Vintage Lith

Same image - shorter exposure (higher contrast) on Fotospeed Lith paper
 dev'd in Rollei Vintage

Fomatone MG again, dev'd in Rollei Vintage

Clarence Mill on Fotospeed Lith dev'd in Fotospeed LD20

I'm quite pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment